dinsdag 24 april 2012

Welcome Visitor





This tough stray / feral cat lived here before we did.
There was an old shed in our garden and one time we caught him
running away from it when we came close.
We suspected he was a feral /stray cat and he must have been sleeping in that shed.
Our field is full of mouses so it must be a nice hunting ground for him.
Twice we have found a dead rat in our garden.
He must have been responsible for it or perhaps an owl.

We hadn't seen him for a long time so I was afraid something might have happened.
But yesterday there he was again!
His right eye is half closed and sometimes (according to the light) this eye looks blind.
But I'm not really sure. He keeps his save distance.
During this photo shoot we were 20 metres away inside the house.
When he hears or sees someone, he's gone.

Because of his light coloured eye I call him Huskey.
My kenderman thought of Clint because of his "Go ahead punk, make my day" look.

Do you know a better name? please let me know!

Almost every animal in our garden gets a name, if we can think of one :-)
A woodpecker = RinusPecht, a squirrel = Piet Hein Eekhoorn, a bee = Maja de Bij,
a spider = John de Wolf(spin), a crow = Hans Kraay, a bumblebee = Ollie B. (B)Hommel,
a blackcap = Sjakie Swartkop, a snail = Henk Wijngaardslak, a little owl = Jan Steenuil
(these are all Dutch people) 

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Lol...RinusPecht....when he calls out to you you hear..."stelletje watjes!!".

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I think the kenderman is right. He looks like a Clint to me. Or maybe Mobli? (Short for monocular blindness)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Mobli is a very good name!
    I also thought about Cyclop but Mobli is much better :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen